Skip to content

Resources for Accepted Scholars

View of Sanders Theatre from CES

While the opportunity to spend time at Harvard is exciting, navigating the logistics of housing, child and healthcare as well as visa requirements can be overwhelming. The resources below provide basic information to help simplify this process.

Orientation Guide

Welcome new Visiting Scholars! As you prepare for your arrival at CES, we hope that the information provided in this orientation guide will help ease your transition to Harvard.

Housing Guide

Although CES does not provide housing, we have compiled this guide to assist accepted scholars with their accommodations search.

Additional Information

Whether your appointment is for one semester or longer, it is possible to find suitable childcare and/or school placements in the surrounding area. For general childcare information and resources ranging from nanny placements to secondary schools, please visit Harvard’s Childcare website and the HIO’s website. To get a list of licensed child care centers, please visit the searchable online directory of the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care. CES will provide additional information about daycare options and school placements to accepted candidates.

All accepted candidates should complete the Accepted Candidate Form as soon as possible providing their finalized arrival and departure dates. These must be exact dates with a minimum of three months (two of which must be during the academic year).

All accepted candidates are kindly asked to provide us with a brief biography and photograph for inclusion in CES publications and the web directory.