Graduate students are a vital part of the CES community and have been central to the Center’s mission since its founding in 1969. Harvard and MIT graduate students in the Social Sciences with an interest and research area focus in Europe may apply to become graduate student affiliates of CES. Graduate students are eligible to apply from their first year of graduate school.
Graduate Student Affiliation
Benefits of Affiliation
Graduate student affiliates enjoy the following benefits:
- Participation in the CES Dissertation Workshop to receive feedback from faculty and peers
- The possibility to serve on the CES Steering Committee and participate in the Center's governance
- Preferential access to invite-only CES events and off-the-record discussions
- Eligibility to request desk space at the Center for up to four semesters (priority is given to third and fourth year students)
- Dedicated funding to support student-led lectures, seminars, and other initiatives at CES
Interested in Graduate Student Affiliation?
How to Apply
CES welcomes all first year graduate students to apply for affiliation. Interested candidates should submit the following materials in one PDF or separate PDFs (PDFs only please):
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- Cover letter requesting affiliation and describing your current research and how affiliation with CES will further your interests and objectives
- One letter of recommendation (can come from student or recommender)
Interested in applying for Graduate Student Affiliation? Applications for the 2019-2020 academic year are due on Friday, March 8, 2019.
Danilo Mandić, CES Local Affiliate; Colleen Driscoll, CES Graduate Student Affiliate; Jonathan Mijs, CES Graduate Student Affiliate, Graduated Spring 2017