The Minda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies in conjunction with the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) awards fellowships to graduate students (Ph.D.) at Harvard interested in studying and researching at German universities. The fellowship consists of financial assistance as well as ideational support. The financial assistance covers living expenses for the time of study or research in Germany.
KAS offers a similar fellowship to graduating seniors at Harvard. Details can be found here.
The level of funding varies for different types of studies.
- Graduate students (Ph.D.) receive a monthly scholarship of €1,200. Beside the monthly scholarship payments, the program offers multiple subsidies for its scholars (e.g. health care insurance up to €120 per month; a round-trip airfare, etc.).
Successful applicants benefit from a broad program of ideational support and an active intellectual network. The program offers:
- personal contact and mentoring by the referees of the Scholarship Program for Foreign Students and by the KAS liaison professors at the universities
- an internal seminar series on political, historical, economic and social topics
- diverse activities of the regional scholar groups at the universities.
- networking with former fellows and opportunity to become part of the Foundation's international network of over 13,000 alumni worldwide.