The Undergraduate Research Assistantship Program is the Center's initiative to internationalize undergraduate education at Harvard. It gives students the chance to work with CES resident faculty members and visiting fellows on a project related to Europe.
Research Assistantships - Apply Now
Students who have participated in this valuable program in the past have researched topics such as Policy Choices and Preferences of the New EU Member States: the Cases of Slovakia, Slovenia and the Czech Republic and Hitler’s Regiment in World War I, and Ideas and Institutions in the Field of Healthcare. Many recipients of the assistantships have continued their work through the summer.
- Assistantships involve meaningful research and usually require between 5-10 hours per week. The hourly rate is $15.00.
- Only currently enrolled undergraduate students are eligible and must reside on campus when work is conducted.
Interested in a position with a focus primarily on history? The History Department at Harvard offers research and employment opportunities for undergraduate students focusing on political science and economics within the realm of history.
CES is offering four research assistantships this year. Harvard College students are encouraged to apply for the opportunity to work with one of our John F. Kennedy Memorial Fellows on the following research projects.
- Governing the Data Economy
- Central Banking after the Great Recession; and Housing Policy in Germany and the United States
- Causes and Consequences of Economic Inequality
- Uncle Sam in the Old World: How did European investors see U.S. expansion and state-building between 1850-1920, and why did they buy into it?
All currently enrolled undergraduate students of Harvard College are eligible to apply.
Your eligibility status for work-study is not a selection factor.
How to Apply
Applicants for the Research Assistantships should submit the following:
- A current CV (including current and past research positions beneficial to know)
- A one-page cover letter explaining interest in the specific position, outlining any relevant qualifications and experience, and list availability
Completed applications should be in one finished document (Word or PDF format).