The CES Visiting Scholars Program offers post-doctoral social scientists and historians the opportunity to spend up to one year at Harvard for independent research on Europe or transatlantic relations. Successful candidates benefit from the Center’s programs and Harvard’s intellectually stimulating environment, additionally, they gain access to the university's extensive library resources. Applicants range from postdoctoral fellows to senior scholars.
The deadline to apply for the CES Visiting Scholars Program for 2018-2019 has now passed.
CES Visiting Scholars will be able to:
- Expand their research by accessing Harvard University’s resources including the world's largest university library and private library system.
- Receive a Harvard University research appointment and have a Harvard email account and ID card granting full access to Harvard’s facilities.
- Present research in a weekly Visiting Scholars Seminar and receive feedback on work-in-progress from colleagues in their field.
- Participate in the Center’s robust program of talks, study group sessions and conferences. View the CES Events Calendar.
- Have a desk in a shared office space at CES. Most of our visitors are placed in a two-person office. Office space for visitors is determined by semester needs and is not guaranteed, though we make every effort to provide office space for all visitors.
- Receive IT support from CES Technical Support Staff and have wireless and ethernet internet access. Please note that computers are not provided in offices and Visiting Scholars are encouraged to bring a laptop.
- Audit courses on campus with the permission of the instructor. For the list of course offerings, please visit the Harvard course catalog directory.